Easy

Easy

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mental Fortitude

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks from surgery!  I see improvement with each passing day, but the improvements are small. Some days are even a small step backwards.  I have to keep reminding myself that the recovery process is long.  I may not see final results for 3 to 6 months.  Seems like a lifetime.



None of my clothes fit right now because I'm still swollen.  THAT is a tough pill to swallow right now.  The thought is that skin/fat is removed and that you should be smaller than before surgery.  The reality is quit the contrary.  It takes strong mental fortitude and patience to not get bogged down in numbers this early on. Stay the course.  The other disappointing part...I still have one drain in.  The numbers are inconsistent at this point.  Frustrations with the continue.

Good news:  I am getting stronger and more mobile by the day.  I am sleeping in my bed again, which was a huge step in my book! On the other hand I feel very lethargic.  I can't work out yet, besides minimal walking.  I haven't been eating poorly, but the lack of basic exercise makes me feel like a lump!  HA.  I know, I know...all in due time.

I appreciate everyones continued support!  I'm getting there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment