Easy

Easy

Sunday, March 1, 2015

SWELL HELL!

Things have been fairly uneventful around here lately.  I had to make  last minute trip to Las Vegas to support a large project and it was the first time I really put my body to the test.  Being on my feet for 15hrs a day covering 8+ miles a day put a big strain on the ole tummy area.  Mostly in the form of swelling.  It got so bad that I actually started feeling uncomfortable - the same feeling you get when you eat way too much. Again, the swelling is part of the healing process.  Just frustrating.

I'm back in the gym again 3-4 times a week.  Mostly focused on lifting to gain muscle.  I friend of mine told me about an app called "Strong Lifts 5X5" which I've really enjoyed using so far.  It starts you at low weight, 5 sets of 5 reps.  Has really helped me get back into it, re-establish technique/form and let my body get used to it again.  Keeps me very excited about getting into the gym.

The hardest part of lifting to build muscle is eating. Someone of my height/weight/activity level should consume around 2800 calories a day!  WHOA!  That's a lot of calories when eating clean.  Trying to get enough protein in my body to help build the muscle is a full time job.  Anyone have any thoughts or tips on how to make this happen?

Finally - I bought a Jawbone UP 24.  I love it!  So much better than the Fitbit...at least for me.  The app is slick, the device itself it easier to wear and keeps me motivated to get up and move.  My office has started a Fit Challenge and many people have purchased these things to help keep track of steps, calories, etc.  I highly recommend it to anyone interested it staying motivated.

Overall I am still very pleased with the results and have no regrets!  Thank you to everyone that has supported me through this journey, to those who have joined me and to those that will continue to follow me - you are very appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment