Easy

Easy

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week 7 - Green Light

This week marks 7 weeks since my surgery!  I haven't posted in a while because I've been in a fairly mundane routine. Work has been great!  I've become more active - going on brisk walks on the trail and on the treadmill.  All trying to ease my way back into a routine so as soon my the doctor clears me for activity I can hit the ground running...literally.

This week I met with my surgeon for the first time since my drains came out.  It was a short check up but a couple of things happened during the check up:

1. Green light for all activity - working out included
2. Ditch the abdominal binder


He was very pleased with the preliminary results and had no concerns at this point.  He set my next appointment for the six month mark.  At that time I will take my first set of before and after photos. Looking forward tot that.

So I left the appointment feeling good.  Accomplished.  Happy. And without my abdominal binder.  The rest of the day was good.  A little uncomfortable being without constriction around my waist, but knowing it was time.  Feeling blood flow through areas that have been constricted 24hrs a day/7days a week is painful.

Today was my first full day without the binder.  Man oh man was I in for a rude awakening.  The pain feels similar to having a bad sunburn...when you sit against that sunburn and then stand up quickly.  Uncomfortable.  And the swelling....damn it.  I know it's part of the process, but man it is a mind f@$#!  The binder keeps swelling down, but isn't meant to be worn forever.  The body has to heal itself and being able to control swelling is part of that. So I've officially entered what is commonly known as "Swell Hell"....estimated time to deal with random swelling: UP TO 6 MONTHS!  Ugh....

To end on a positive note:  all of my clothes are fitting amazingly well.  Exactly how I've always envisioned them fitting! It really makes going to my closet a much more enjoyable experience.

Below is a 7 week post op photo.  This photo was taken on Monday before the ab binder was removed from my daily wear, but gives a good view of what things are looking like!

No comments:

Post a Comment